Thread: Dead Pixels
View Single Post

Posted 2008-12-23, 05:34 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post "Dead Pixels"
Fuck, it's spreading!! Stay calm, Spec, don't panic. Please tell me you haven't touched it. Oh God, tell me you haven't!! Don't worry though, it's not instantly fatal. Burn everything. All your clothes, your equipment, the cat, everything! Make sure you don't touch it though. If you get it, and spread it to the world... fuck... I don't want to see dead pixels in the sky! No! Please, Mummy, make it stop!!

In all seriousness though, if a group of dead pixels is growing, then you've got something wrong with the monitor. I don't know what, and as such can't really answer the question, but there's definitely a problem. If it's still in warranty, you may be able to get it replaced - a lot of manufacturers have different rules for dead pixels, but the majority of them do acknowledge the problem and will replace the monitor - it might depend on the total, or if there are so many in a certain radius.

It may be worth getting in touch with the manufacturer (phone them up, or apply for a ticket through the Support part of their website) to see if they will replace it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny