View Single Post

Question Possibly building a new desktop
Posted 2008-02-27, 08:29 AM
Well guys.

It's time that I accept the fact that my poor Laptop is no gaming machine.

It's really about time to upgade to something bigger and better. I'm planning on moving back with my parents soon, so that way I can go ahead and get a desktop to suit my needs. I'm thinking either two things.

Something simple from Dell that would be cheap and upgradeable, (and comes with a nice fancy flat panel monitor)..

OR

Go completly all out, and build through www.Ibuypower.com or www.newegg.com something of that nature, Tiger direct, doesn't matter.

A buddy of mine just built his through NewEgg, and i've done business with them for years, I've just been out of the "gaming" community for so long that I don't know what's even worth a damn anymore, or atleast what things are valued at. Obviously, i'm going to want to go Dual core, more than likely i'll be loading XP on this Machine so that VISTA doesn't use half the resources and waste my time like it has on the Laptop. Atleast 2 gigs of ram, minimum, hopefully something more along the lines of 4 gigs, I'm not too caring of the HD space, anything 160+ would be essentially fine for anything that i'd ever need.

Now, where it really matters. I'm really going to need some recommendation for a nice Video card, back when I was into gaming the Dual video cars were just coming out (pci-express .. don't remember the ABBV they use though) but anything that will run CS source, BF 2142, Starcraft 2 (when it's released) etc, will be fine for me. I know I don't really need too much for these games, just something good along the lines of a video card is all I'm honestly worried about.

Any recommendations?

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V