View Single Post

Posted 2015-02-13, 01:26 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Let me start by saying "holy shit it's..."
Skurai said: [Goto]
Let me start by saying "holy shit it's GLG!"
Hmm? I'm not a ghost you know. Although I do haunt the forums by watching over it and silently judging like a god...nah, not really. Pure luck is what led me here.

Skurai said: [Goto]
Well if OOP is a bad first step, what would you suggest I start at? I've had an easier time on Javascript thanks to the links Lenny gave, but currently having shit internet/no access to college classes is sort of got me cornered. I want more of a challenge, but something that won't be otherworldly for beginners.
The best way to start is to try to do something you enjoy or like. For instance, I wanted to crack software when I was younger, I learned x86 assembly and C (some C++) for the sole purpose of that. Which led me to php and web security programming. After that I wanted to make games since I always enjoyed doing that, so I picked up a handful of other languages and learned those and such so that I could make games. Made 2 games with that knowledge. Then later I became depressed and stopped giving a fuck about everything. Now I just do whatever I feel like when I become manic.

That sums up pretty clearly how to get going or does it? Hmm. No, I suppose that was just me rambling. So you want a challenge? I think /g/ can help you, surprisingly. Here's some pictures.

Oh, and don't forget this...

Edit: Whatever happened to imgspam tag?

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List

Last edited by Goodlookinguy; 2015-02-13 at 01:39 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy