View Single Post

Posted 2010-07-20, 10:41 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Before long, we're not going to have..."
It's already begun. Cars that can parallell park themselves are already relevant, they will soon be driving themselves as there are numerous manufacturers that have already put out several successful concetps. Money has already made the jump to the robot side as paper money is becoming less and less relevant, and debit/credit trasnactions through plastic straight into the grid is what's now the norm; Hell, apple doesn't even accept cash? I mean look back 20 years, and we've come a very long way and it's only a short amount of time before things make another leap into the future.

Everything is becoming automated. The problem with robots becoming exponentially more relevant and aware of their surroundings, and us becoming exponentially less relevant and lazy is that somewhere in that timeline, something could occur to alter the scale away from humans being useful on this planet. The whole doomsday plot of this wouldn't happen in our lifetimes. Maybe we can use robots to become immortal? Transfering a brain to a robot shell would be fun to think about for the future.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V