View Single Post

Posted 2008-04-01, 06:31 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Enough is enough. I quit."
Mjordan2nd said:
I am sick and tired of playing this internet persona. I came here to play Diablo II, but just to keep up with the evolution and maturation of this forum I've had to adopt a pseudo-intellectual demeanor. I've had to learn about science, I've had to curtail my grammatical mistakes, I've had to argue against people I don't necessarily disagree with in the first place just to maintain my persona. Due to the pseudo-intellectual persona I undertook, I've had to espouse atheistic beliefs which I don't adhere to. Playing this persona has caused many ethical dilemmas for me. I am sick of this stress. The only way I can think of to get rid of that stress is to get away from this place.

That said, I quit. Good riddance.
This really hit home for me. Undoubtedly, you're right. The internet facade is certainly tiring, and I don't even have the time to spend on it anymore. Playing a "character" was fun when I was 15, but now it seems trite... I'm out.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav