View Single Post

Posted 2002-04-12, 08:01 AM in reply to GodsLittlePimp's post "!!!!only Read If Your Open Minded!!!!"
Quote:
Originally posted by King Kai 3
I think you missed my point badass gandhi. My point is that if you show love and devotion to one country (patriotism) that must mean you think at least somewhat lesser of another country. And you shouldnt think that way at all.
But you don't have to think your country's better than any other country to be a patriot, you just have to like your country better. The words love and devotion don't carry a sense of absolute favoritism. You don't have to dislike every other country in the world to consider yourself a patriot. If you do, then you've gone past patriotism and into nationalism.

Quote:
If your devoted to ONE country you would do anything for the country...this could mean war couldnt it?
Well naturally, as long as you feel the war is justified. And if you don't, that's why we have Conscientious Objector Status.
I think I'm lost.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Badass Gandhi is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBadass Gandhi is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Badass Gandhi