View Single Post

Posted 2010-05-21, 01:43 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yes, that could very well become..."
In the beginning when he's explaining how they created the cell, he says "assembling that chromosome in yeast, transplanting it into a recipient bacterial cell".

What I don't understand is, yeast is a micro-organism in itself, as is bacteria.. he said that they transformed the bacterial cell into a new bacterial species. Doesn't that mean they basically just induced a bacterial mutation?

K_A can you help me out here? My knowledge in science isn't up to par to fully understand this.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-