View Single Post

Posted 2004-11-16, 08:07 PM in reply to Shining Knights's post starting "It matters not whether you win or lose;..."
Shinto Katana said:
To openly tell people you've been raped and shit, is a sign for "attention". Sympathy... Real people..real problems, dont talk about what they do. Dont tell anyone they cut, dont tell anyone they wanna kill themselves. People who dont do that dont need help, they need to stop wanting attention and to grow up. But the quite ones, that just sit there all day depressed ndd just wants to die, thats someone who needs help. And its sad, but there are people who are really fucked up, and need help, before they do..do something to hurt themselves--to forever change their life. Either death or ODing, mentally disabled, etc.
Agreed for the most part.

One part I don't agree about, though, is where you said that people who've been raped don't tell anyone unless they're looking for attention. That's not true, and if it is, it's certainly not good. In fact, I've felt suicidal before, and I've talked about it with a friend, and it certainly was not for attention. I just needed someone to talk to.

Now the girl who told me she was raped said she had never told anyone before. Eventually I got her to tell her dad, and that has to be a good thing, right? There are people who're suicidal or who've been raped/abused that don't keep shut, and that's not a bad thing. You can usually tell when someone is being sincere or when someone just wants attention.

The people who mope around all day, quiet, lonely, by themselves in a dark corner of their room who constantly want to die need more help than the others. They need to open up about it. It's best if you have someone to talk to, I would think, family, friends, whoever. That's why I say they need more help. Once they can open up to some people, it probably alleviates some of the pressures they have.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes