View Single Post

Posted 2004-11-16, 04:50 PM in reply to SurrealWaking's post starting "Yeah, I see what you're all saying. I..."
Well, what I don't understand is why would you cut your wrists? If you're honestly depressed, what are you getting out of slicing your wrists? If it's suicide you're looking for, then their are much easier ways, not to mention a lot less physically painful.

As for the truly depressed people, I feel sorry for them. I really do. They're missing out. But they need to find a better way of dealing with the depression, wouldn't you think? Lets say that we want to think of depression as a disease. When you have something like Strep Throat, you don't run off and slit your wrists. I don't see how depression is any different. It's not like if you're depressed your wrists simply open up by themself, you make a conscious choice to cut them. Of course I wouldn't know too much in depth about it, because I've never really been like that.

Another thing is, I don't see depression in most people as a disorder. I just see it as them feeling sorry for themselves, which is quite natural, and escusable, but I don't think it's a medical condition in most cases.

I would honestly like to know how slicing your wrists makes you less stressed. If anything, I would think it would make you more stressed. Your hand would be in pain, and you'd have to clean the blood stains off. Also, if you're really doing this just to relieve stress, wouldn't you be scared of the slight possibility that you actually slit the artery and end up bleeding to death? I really don't understand. Perhaps you can fill me in.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes