View Single Post

Posted 2007-05-17, 04:34 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Erm............ Anyway, what's this..."
Pappenheimer refers to a man called Gottfried Heinrich Graf zu Pappenheim, he was a general I believe, for the Holy Roman Empire. He fought in the Thirty-Years War, along with lots of other guys - including the Swedes. My knowledge on this has been disremembered and fragmented by the year(s) at this art school. In swedish the phrase is "Känn din Pappenheimer", I cannot really explain the meaning - possibly due to poor language skills or something... But I do have this quote I found on wikipedia (also he was a field marshal). Here is the quote:

Quote:
His name forms the key part of the Czech and German colloquialism; "we know our fellow Pappenheim's". It is used to imply tongue-in-cheek that someone has, is or will be acting in a way that is completely expected.
@Chruser: You know, we have television-technology in the lower levels of the "brook falls"-station. Although it's halls are mostly occupied by that "Atom-man", weird guy - maybe weirder than you. He should be avoided. Lost... Why do you mock me with these questions when you already know the truth!?

@King Amazon: Thank you for changing your avatar, I can now browse this forums without fear of sanity loss (1d6/1d20).

Also, on the subject of Adolf Hitler - my interest in him is not as an historian.

Last edited by Chruser; 2007-05-17 at 04:37 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Yawgmoth enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzYawgmoth enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Yawgmoth