View Single Post

Posted 2007-10-05, 01:47 PM in reply to D3V's post "Legalization of Marijuana?"
I'm kind of in between. I can't decide whether marijuana should be legalized, or whether alcohol should be illegal. Either way, they should be consistent.

I can go both ways. As a personal choice, I think there's absolutely nothing wrong with either. You should be allowed to put whatever you want into your body. And neither of them are significantly harmful to you either way when done in moderation.

On the other hand, both substances can be detrimental to society when consumed by immature and irresponsible people; an inevitable consequence of legalizing marijuana.

I do think that a legitimate compromise could be reached, however. Perhaps in a private setting they should both be legalized, however if caught publicly inebriated on either marijuana or alcohol there should be a fine. Any crimes done while on the substance could carry a more severe sentence.

Not too sure. Just some of my thoughts.

Last edited by Demosthenes; 2007-10-05 at 02:06 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes