View Single Post

Posted 2004-09-11, 11:16 AM in reply to tokill.ace's post starting "Who has evidence?"
tokill.ace said:
Who has evidence?
Evidence. Hmm - Clair Patterson, a boy from the remote parts of America came up with an idea of trying to find out the age of the Earth, the scientific craze at that time. As the rocks on Earth are in a cycle, and are recycled to make new ones, they are unreliable sources, so Patterson tested meteorites found on Earth I believe, and came up with the conclusion that the Earth is the same age as its surroundings - 4.5 billion years. He used Harrison Brown's new method of counting lead isotopes in igneous rocks. It just so happens that Brown put Patterson onto the task of counting these isotopes in meteorites. It did, however, take Patterson nearly a decade.

If you want more evidence, I'll try and find some. Alternatively you could look on google for Clair Patterson etc.

(Wait a minute. I'm a self proclaimed, scientific atheist. According to previous posts, that shouldn't be possible, right???)

Last edited by Lenny; 2004-09-12 at 10:54 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny