View Single Post

Posted 2008-06-20, 03:22 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Not really? These people just straight..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
Starcraft isn't an exact rip off of Warhammer 40K. There are similarities. Blizzard still created the entire game themselves, along with the story, and the abilities/names of all of the units.
Blizzard has said that Warcraft and Starcraft have been "heavily influenced" by Games Workshop's Warhammer Fantasy Battle and Warhammer 40,000 franchises.

There are quite a few differences, but some of it is so blatant (such as 90% of the Zerg concept) that arguing against it is pretty difficult.

Although I haven't checked on it, I remember hearing that Blizzard had to credit Games Workshop in the credits of one of the Starcraft games to avoid potential lawsuit. I don't recall if it was in SC1, Ghost (lol), or is included in SC2.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker