View Single Post

Posted 2008-04-26, 08:15 AM in reply to Dar_Win's post starting "Not even close....:rolleyes: . I..."
Dar_Win said:
Not even close.... .

I don't like him at all and I think he exaggerates about what happened to him after he was captured. But before he was captured he was truly a brave soldier. He was a fighter pilot stationed on an aircraft carrier just off the coast of Vietnam. McCain was getting ready to launch as rocket from another jet shot at McCains in a freak accident not detonating but it caused McCains gas tank to explode. He crawled out after receiving injuries and helped another pilot to escape his burning plane. He was captured after being shot down by a rocket flying over mainland Vietnam. He ejected and parachuted into a small lake where he nearly drowned to death trying to swim to shore. (He broke both arms and a leg if I remember correctly). He was captured when he made it to the shore.

(I read a great book on Vietnam probably 5 times over. It had an entire chapter dedicated to McCain)
According to this I was right on the money. Too pussy to shoot himself or go down fighting like other nations soldiers do. There is no way you could escape with those injuries anyways. Just end it.
skurai said: [Goto]
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog