View Single Post

Posted 2012-02-12, 04:54 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "I played Diablo II for a bit, with the..."
Skurai said: [Goto]
I played Diablo II for a bit, with the help of my friend, Zach. I couldn't get into it. Barely any character customization (which is almost the only thing that matters to me, in this new age of graphics). I am aware it's old, but it's just not my type of MMO. Even the gameplay.
Did you even play D2 for more than a week? There were a lot of cookie cutter builds, but there were tons of fun quirky setups you could use.

I had a fire sorc named warped who had maxed out block at level 90 with a Stormshield. It was fun killing zealots and ww barbs who were used to the 2% block most sorcs have.

I made an assassin who used runewords to attack with a barbarians whirlwind. Enigma teleport + ww poison rape was fun.

My necromancer used an old school .08 viscertuant shield and did nothing but summon skeletons and revive monsters. He used some runeword, I think it was beast or something, to give all the revives an aura that increased there attack speed. I could have like 60 mobs stacking on me when I teleported. If the massive lag didn't get the enemy player, dozens of mobs slashing them to hell did. It was especially fun when dueling whirlwind barbs or any melee characters. If you used Iron Maiden and they attacked with an area attack like WW.... well iron maiden bounced damage back. They were attacking 60 summons...... so yeah, face rape. The barbs killed themselves.

I had a sorc who would transform into a bear and use fire damage to melee people to death. Wasn't very good but extreme good fun.

I made an IK berserk barb for shits and giggles. Assuming the hit landed, It was an easy 1-2 shot on almost anything.

My FAVORITES were my two paladins. One was a V/t who specialized in smite, but had a decent damage Fist of the heavens for those teleport whores. The other was a v/T and the exact opposite of the other paladin. Using a bugged tals armor and various other goodies, I had rape Fist of the Heavens damage. When people were using lightning resist and absorb, I'd get my lacerator out and charge smite them to death.

This game entertained me for YEARS. The leveling glitches that used ot exist would make a lvl 85 character possible in literally a day or so. Imagine having your wow account full of near cap characters in a week. Yeah.

RIP VanGosroth, VanBasroil, Schayde, Warped, ikpk and marijuanaisleet

Last edited by Sovereign; 2012-02-12 at 04:56 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign