View Single Post

Posted 2013-03-10, 09:35 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I'm not "telling" you anything. I'm..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
I'm not "telling" you anything. I'm suggesting that a stronger individual would be able to find a way to work with their "symptoms" and make them functional rather than dysfunctional. There are obviously exceptions to this, but for things like ADD, depression, bipolar, OCD, social anxiety, etc, I think it's possible to deal with those things without defining yourself by them and without drugging yourself to "fix" them.
This. Society has turned mental illness into a scary, incurable phrase that turns otherwise normal people into unhinged loonies. We, as a species, barley understand how our synapses and neurons communicate and fire back and forth. Our understanding of consciousness itself is fetal at best. Not to sound like Tim Robbins, but if you really set your mind to overcoming your personal struggles, you can change your life with willpower. Mental illness or not.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V