View Single Post

Posted 2008-07-08, 12:56 AM in reply to quikspy67's post starting "How do you get on an IP? And is this..."
Vollstrecker said:
When u see the soj counter, tab out to windows and go to run>cmd. When the window loads, type in "netstat -n" without the quotations. u should get a list of open ip address's on the screen. the one with .4000 as the last 4 numbers is the server you are on that has the soj counter in it. Example: you see sojs counter, type in netstat -n and see the ip address 63.241.83.180.4000 where 180 is the games server u are in.

Also see: http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26650

4000 is simply the port that you are connected to Battlenet through. Just like you go through port 80 for Hyper Text Transfer Protocol (Internet, HTTP), 21 for File Transfer Protocol (FTP, uploading/downloading files), 25 for Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (Sending E-Mails) and port 110 for Post Office Protocol V.3 (POP3, for receiving E-mails).

I think I may have over done it in this post, but I hope it helps you understand a bit better.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-