View Single Post

Posted 2008-10-19, 05:35 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "What the hell kind of world do you live..."
England.

To be perfectly honest, I think the student culture at Durham is totally different to that at other Universities (and a whole world away from American Universities, I'd imagine). We seem to be a cross between all other English Universities, and Oxbridge - yes we party. Yes we drink. Yes we have fun. But we don't drink continuously, but nor are we all frigid, alcohol-hating geeks. It's very laid back, and fun, and, in a way, intellectual. I've been speaking to friends at other Universities, and all I've been hearing is "drink, vomit, hangover, terrible time in lectures, drink, vomit, all-nighter, vomit some more".

It's quite interesting, actually.

Oh, Oxbridge is Oxford and Cambridge, for anyone who doesn't know, and they're basically the rah Universities - uber-nerds whose idea of a party is gowns, flutes of champagne, and conversation about Science and Maths. Even the Arts students do more work and party less than any of the Science students from other Unis, and Arts students never do work!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny