View Single Post

Posted 2008-09-08, 12:45 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Back when I was a Christian (lol), I..."
I don't even really particularly mind people OFFERING what they believe. Like mormon missionaries. They ask if they can tell you about their teachings and such. That's fine with me. What ISN'T fine with me (besides how they always show up at like 7:00 AM on Saturday) is when I say "No thanks" and they're overly persistant about it. I've had the same missionaries come multiple times. I've had them offer to help us bring groceries in just so they can get inside. At that point, they're crossing the line. No should mean "no," and I shouldn't have to say it more than once a month or so.

I also don't particularly like it when a religious person claims that I am WRONG. They have no right to say that I am wrong. They can say that they believe that I'm wrong, or that they believe that they are right, but when they start claiming some sort of knowledge that they do not have, I can't help but get annoyed. I don't claim to KNOW that Evolution is true, I claim to believe it, because there is no way I can ever KNOW that it is true, just like they can't ever KNOW that their religion is true. What I believe has more evidence than what they believe, which is just more of a reason why they shouldn't claim that they are right and I'm wrong.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!