View Single Post

Posted 2007-06-14, 12:56 PM in reply to spss's post starting "Yes, "Epic of Manas" is just a tale of..."
spss said:
Yes, "Epic of Manas" is just a tale of a Kyrgyz hero like Homer's "Iliyada" and "Odiseya" (sorry, if i write wrong in english). And this epic has two sequels - "Semetei" (son of Manas) and "Seitek" (son of Semetei). I'll try to find electronic version this books in enghish.
Unfortunately, I badly know all history of Kyrgyzstan and kyrgyz's culture in spite of the fact that I live in this country. But if you have a questions, I'll try to give an answer.
From what I've heard, Epic of Manas is incredibly, incredibly long, compared to either the Iliad or the Oddessy. Aren't there special "singers" that sing the Epic of Manas or something like that?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!