View Single Post

Posted 2010-03-11, 08:45 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post "Help me build a PC...or two"
Willkillforfood said: [Goto]
Hey guys, if everything goes as planned I'll probably be accumulating the parts to build at least one computer in the next couple months, maybe two computers (although probably not). My girlfriend and I are going to be getting a place and we'd like to play video games together. Here's what I'll task you to do if you want:

Build me two computers, a low-end one with a maximum budget of $800 or so (no monitor) and another one with a maximum budget of $1300 (no monitor of course). Don't worry about speakers either. We really do not play any intensive games yet, but I really want something that will be okay for a few years.

In case you're wondering, I'm not asking for a low-end for her and a better one for me . Just trying to see what you guys think would be the best bang for the buck while also lasting for a few years and being able to play games that come out for the next 2-3 years.

Thanks.

First question, would you want this machine to come pre-assembled? If so, I would go to tigerdirect.com or newegg.com and price out each individual part and go from there. You can also get a barebone system from either website for relatively cheap and upgrade what parts you would rather have (larger or smaller harddrive, operating system or not, higher powered video card/etc).

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...1&sku=B69-1164

That's a pretty good deal, and you can add another 4gig of ram for another $100 and there's an $800 machine with 8 gigs of ram, a TB hard drive. It depends on the actual games you're wanting to play specifically as some would require more video performance, and some are more memory consuming.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V