Thread: Claymore
View Single Post

Posted 2007-09-11, 09:41 PM in reply to hotdog's post starting "Nothing against bitcomet but I meant I..."
Not Bitcommet, or Bittorrent, or Azerus. The way that torrents work, others are downloading from you while you download from them. Only what you are explicitly downloading or seeding is available to others. Since this arrangement greatly increases the total upstream bandwidth for a given file or set of files, it results in cheaper (for the host of the work), faster downloads for an educated download population (you have to forward ports to enable others to request from you to get the maximum possible download, though even without forwarding, your client will try to establish outbound connections). In any case, I think if you read up on it and understood it, you wouldn't be against it. On the other hand, many other P2P systems aren't so clean...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired