View Single Post

Posted 2007-12-07, 11:29 AM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "I guess it depends on the way the game..."
Have been tinkering with it.. managed to get the movement bit down using key input processing on a parallel process event.. only problem is, when the hero "collides" with another object (say a bird) the on hero touch or on hero collision event of that particular object doesn't trigger.. so the hero can just move left/right out of it's way with the whole map "paused" whilst it happens.. :s

Oh and simply tile based, I'm a rather basic user of RPG2K3, so >.>

Any idea how to fix that random problem with the other events?

Figured it might be something silly relating to the fact the movement is done via paralell process.. but a little unsure as to how I avoid that..

EDIT: Managed to get the "collision" event bit to work "sort of" .. if I set the object to on hero touch or on hero collision, it only takes effect if the "up" key is held at the time.. and as the hero is moving up automatically all the time via event, that shouldn't ever happen anyway, so I'm left in the same predicament unless I force "up" to be held down at all times which I can't do >.>
"Try not! Do or do not, there is, no try!" Quote Yoda.

Last edited by 05thouldm; 2007-12-11 at 02:23 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
05thouldm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between05thouldm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

05thouldm