View Single Post

Posted 2012-04-03, 06:25 PM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "It's kinda weird - the technology of..."
Because I don't technically have to produce anything that is completely original, and because I've been wanting to fiddle with the Kinect as a PnP device since it came out, my Master's dissertation is a project using the MS Kinect as an input device for a gesture-based interface for a Windows machine.

Now I can't really post my work online until I've finished it completely (the plagiarism systems would pick up my posts and flag my final report as plagiarised, despite the fact that everything is written by the same person), but if people are interested in the project, I'll happily post explanations of what I'm doing, as well as brief descriptions of the various algorithms I've researched for hand detection, hand tracking, and gesture recognition, and how they work.

I may even get the chance to post videos of my work in action.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny