View Single Post

Posted 2008-06-20, 05:24 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Blizzard has said that Warcraft and..."
Vollstrecker said: [Goto]
Blizzard has said that Warcraft and Starcraft have been "heavily influenced" by Games Workshop's Warhammer Fantasy Battle and Warhammer 40,000 franchises.

There are quite a few differences, but some of it is so blatant (such as 90% of the Zerg concept) that arguing against it is pretty difficult.

Although I haven't checked on it, I remember hearing that Blizzard had to credit Games Workshop in the credits of one of the Starcraft games to avoid potential lawsuit. I don't recall if it was in SC1, Ghost (lol), or is included in SC2.
Either way, it's not even on the same level as the people in the OP. Blizzard hasn't used the same sprites and shit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!