View Single Post

Cool HellMOO: in the post-apocalyptic future, everyone can read.
Posted 2009-02-09, 09:35 AM
Okay so maybe some of you have wondered where the fuck I've been lately (doubtful) but I have an answer for you in this very post!

HellMOO: A Post Apocalyptic MOO

Okay first things first... some of you have probably never played or even heard of a MOO before. A MOO is like a MUD (multi-user dungeon) but it using an object-oriented coding system. This doesn't really matter much for players beyond knowing that there is a lot to interact with. Mainly this means that the game is almost entirely (well it is entirely, but more on the almost in a bit) text. If you have a problem with this, I don't give a shit and you must play the game anyway or I'll kill you.

Anyway, about that almost: HellMOO has a minimap! This may not seem like much but it makes a huge difference in palatability for those who have never played a M** game before and it makes navigation much, much easier.

So, time for a short list of features:

Lovely fighting system complete with feinting, power attacks, and guns! (and PVP!)
Sex (with pregnancy and even milking), drugs, and an admin-run radio station that is actually good.
Aircraft and ground vehicles. (and a currently limited sea vehicle)
Corporate organization system (it is recommended for new players to find a corp ASAP) with plenty of politics.
Lockpicking, hacking, and other subversive activities.
Accessible movement and action system.
Robust crafting, cooking (weed-laced food, anyone?), and research system with XP rewards (so you don't have to kill things to enjoy the game)
A weather system is mostly implemented with monthly temperature changes and seasonal plants.
Portalguns!
Lots of pop culture and historical references for you nerds of all types.
Enough rape and murder simulation to satisfy gamers' innermost desires and make your congressman cry.

If this seems like something you would be interested in, please click here! If not, please click anyway.
That link should give you a basic overview, a nice little wiki, and the information to connect which I will put here anyway in case you have experience:
hell.game-host.org:7777

Also you should probably read this newbie guide.

If you happen to also be a member of the Something Awful forums, go to the Games forum, check the SEX tag, and there is a nice little thread with some more information as well as plenty of anecdotal evidence to how awesome the game is. There is also a great cheating bastard wiki built by goons that you can gain access to by asking in the thread.

I hope you guys enjoy this and fill this thread up with comments!

Il papa caca nei legno?

Last edited by RoboticSilence; 2009-02-09 at 09:37 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence