View Single Post

Posted 2009-02-27, 04:01 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Change.gov's #1 issue facing america ..."
Legalizing it ain't gonna do shit... people will still abuse it, just like Tylenol and Nyquil...

As far as the monetary aspects, I totally agree. I heard on a radio show (AM radio at work...) that Marijuana is a 14 billion dollar a year business... know what the next in line is? Vegetables at 8 billion... and that's ALL vegetables! Also, it'll increase the police efficiency, because they won't have to worry about marijuana raids, they could focus on domestic abuse and child endangerment situations.

And for the record, I have seen the change it causes in people. You can say all you want that it doesn't affect you, but it does. And if you say it's not addicting... seriously? Look yourself in the eye, in a mirror, and say that without laughing. Not addicting? Then why do you feel the need to make it into clothes, lotions, food, and drink! I have nothing against people who use it, all my brothers being users, 2 of which now have valid medical cards, but I can say that for you to deny that it affects you is absurd.

Also, people think legalizing it is going to automatically mean society is going to be reduced to lazy people sitting all day at home doing nothing and smoking pot. WRONG! Even if it is legal, your employer still has the final say on whether or not a positive THC reading is reason enough to fire you. If he has reason to believe you were doing it at work, or an accident occurs, and you test positive, you can't prove you didn't smoke that day, because the stuff stays in your system for 30 days or something like that.

Another thing callers to the radio station were worried about is the consistency of quality of the product. If you don't smoke it, don't worry about it! As for the people that do, for some ungodly reason, and in some ungodly way, they seem to be able to tell the difference between Blueberry Bubble and Blueberry Yum Yum... but I figure, that's the same way an auto enthusiast can look at an engine block and determine if it's Honda, Mitsubishi, or Nissan. Or the way a nerd can see a motherboard and tell if it's a Pentium chipset, AMD chipset, or whatever else differentiates motherboards. Plus, you kinda hafta know. If someone tries to sell you stress (Honda, Pentium I) and you are paying for God's Gift (Lamborghini Murcielago LP640, Pentium Core i7), I think you would know the difference. So let the comsumers worry about quality problems.

So, to paraphrase, and so you only have to read this last part instead of all that jibberish, I am against the use of it, but it ain't my life, it's yours. The sheer financial impact it would bestow us is definately worthy of some form of government regulation. The consumers can deal with quality issues. And Society will not collapse because of the legalization of an herb already being used/abused in circulation.
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003