View Single Post

Posted 2015-02-19, 10:20 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post "At what point is an abortion not OK?"
Demosthenes said: [Goto]
At what point do you consider an abortion not OK? Or to rephrase, at what point does the fetus get the right to live? At birth? Conception? Some point in between, such as viability outside the womb?
This topic was always a joke to me in the past. Most of my adolescent life I've thought abortion jokes were funny, miscarriages are a blessing to humanity and fetuses were just alien. I couldn't have been further from the truth.

My fiancée and I are expecting a child in July and all of that prepubescent humor is gone. It's actually aggravating to me now - but to each their own; However, the right to choose given the variables involved whether it be an unwanted pregnancy, rape, incest - possible birth defections, growth disorders, issues with the mother's health or any other similar factor should be prioritized accordingly to the woman.

All people do not feel the same way about this, and if unborn children aren't going to be recognized as humans until birth then it should be within full discretion of the bearing mother to decide.

At the same time, there are so many variables at play. Mental health should be taken into consideration given the hormonal fluctuations are quite rapid and often, a woman upset with the father could drop everything and go to a clinic, claim anything and have an abortion.

I feel the debate is pointless outside of the realm of the parents involved, their families and physicians involved and that any and all decisions made should be within their own jurisdiction, not anyone else's.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V