View Single Post

Posted 2012-05-24, 11:03 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Nope, but your supposition that the..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
Nope, but your supposition that the item sink of hardcore would balance the market would seem to imply that that was what you were suggesting. Otherwise hardcore isn't even going to change the softcore market, regardless of whether or not the auction house is separated. Hardcore would only serve as an item sink for hardcore items, doing nothing to help the fact that softcore items are flooding the market.

Chruser said: [Goto]
Since Hardcore mode has more item sinks than the normal game mode, there's a decent chance that item values (of "fixed" items by some metric) could stabilize at some non-zero value in it.

If I thought there was going to be a way to freely transition items between SC and HC, I would probably not have stated "in it". After all, there would be no effective difference between the values of items. I agree that such a system would not be economically stable.

That said, even if Blizzard does implement a RMT auction house for HC mode, I don't really think character death is going to provide enough of a sink for item values to stabilize. I'd like to be wrong, though.

(Once "play" becomes "work", maybe that says something about the inverse.)
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser