View Single Post

Posted 2010-04-05, 11:55 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Skimmed a bit about it. Terribly..."
After watching the full video of the incident, I've got to say I honestly don't see a HUGE problem. You guys know me well enough to know I'm not a big fan of the war or killing in general, but if this was in a battle zone of some sort (which I assume it was, as there were men who obviously had guns on the ground, tanks, and the Apache in the sky raining hell. It didn't sound like they KNEW that the reporters and children were in the van. They should never have been near the site in the first place. But it isn't like this was just senseless slaying of children, at least from what I understand. And maybe I'm missing something. Or I'm assuming too much.

On the other hand, I do think it's a bit wrong that at times these guys sound like a bunch of redneck teenagers playing Halo or something. Maybe that's how they deal with what is, admittedly, a rough experience I'm sure. I think it's kind of wrong for someone to have fun killing someone else. But I can also see how having to kill people would be really hard for me, and I might try to find some way to make myself enjoy it to cope with it. I do think it's pretty hard for any of us to put ourselves in their shoes.

On a less serious note, that was a pretty cool video (all moral shit aside.) Iraqis sure do seem to be good at the duck and scatter routine. I swear I saw some of them jumping before the dust was even flying. And really, how badass were those hellfire missiles?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!