View Single Post

Posted 2012-06-15, 11:58 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post "I ruined my life."
Bro, don't think it's already too late to change your lifestyle. You're not a dirty-bearded 59 year old man wearing an open bathrobe with no shirt on, sitting a broken recliner outside of his trailer drinking a tall-can at 9:37 in the morning.

Like K_A said, drinking and drugs won't necessarily ruin your life, but if you're prioritizing them before doing things that would actually benefit your life in the long run (AKA a job, family, not necessarily friends because a lot of the times in a lifestyle like ours we only befriended those people because they were doing the same) then yes, they can definitely ruin your life.

Take it from me, a person who did nothing but get drunk, stay high 5 days out of the week like it was a day job. To be honest, I really didn't know what to do with my life. I had given up, and was confused with why it all mattered. I wouldn't take care of myself and was with whatever. Having a kid changed that for me, it gave me a reason.. It might not have been the reason that I wanted, or a reason that would work for you, but I was happy enough it was there for me to make a decision. It was either be high and not give a fuck, or be happy with life and that I have a reason for it. Feels like when you're doing one, the others getting away.

It's not easy to change, it's gonna be a struggle. I'm still fighting urges to pop pills, especially when I have lots of work and stressing. But I know that I'm better than that and don't need them to function. That's just your mind fucking with you, I usually just go do something else. Withdrawal's a bitch and can inflate your feelings of anger, hate, and depression even if the smallest issue occurs.

In the end, you'll feel a lot better when it's all in the past.

On a side note, at least you're not in denial lol.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos