Thread: 2012
View Single Post

Posted 2008-02-01, 07:33 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "I see no possible way for humankind to..."
Atnas said:
You helped to prove my point though, that is - humans are superior to animals in the creative realm.
Superior in what way? Birds sing songs we can not hope to mimic. It took us hundreds of thousands of years to spin something as beautiful and complex as a spider web. Bees produce honey. Alcohol is created by yeast. Plants and bacteria produce medicine. Milk is (generally) extracted from other animals. All we've learned to do is utilize what nature produces for us. And it took us hundreds of thousands of years to get there. We are the most intelligent species on the planet. Undoubtedly. I'm not even disputing the fact that we're the most creative. All I'm saying is that we have not subverted our basal animal nature.

Last edited by Demosthenes; 2008-02-01 at 07:35 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes