View Single Post

Posted 2009-08-07, 07:53 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "I totally agree. I was so glad to read..."
And when thy speak'eth, it happen'eth. Facebook and LiveJournal hit as well, haha.

Twitter, Facebook, LiveJournal Hit by Cyber Attacks

Quote:
NEW YORK (AP) -- Twitter isn't the only Web site to have its wings clipped by a cyber attack yesterday.

Facebook and LiveJournal users had to deal with spotty service after the "denial-of-service" attacks. In such an assault, hackers aim scores of computers at a single site to overwhelm it and prevent legitimate traffic from getting through.

It's not clear if the same hacker is behind the three attacks, but the outage may have been related to the ongoing political conflict between Russia and Georgia.

Bill Woodcock of Packet Clearing House, a nonprofit that tracks Internet traffic, says the attacks started with hackers using a botnet to send a flurry of spam e-mail messages that contained links to pages on Twitter, Facebook and other sites written by a single pro-Abkhazia (ab-KAH'-zhee-uh) activist.

Russia recognized as independent the breakaway regions of South Ossetia (oh-SET'-yuh) and Abkhazia after a brief war with Georgia a year ago.

Woodcock says it's hard to tell whether it was a case of hackers trying to punish the sites for publishing views they disagree with, or if they were directing traffic to the sites out of sympathy for the activist's message.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V