View Single Post

Posted 2008-01-11, 08:21 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post "Do spicy foods increase metabolism..."
I only looked briefly, but from what I've read studies suggest that it does, but only slightly. I found you some studies. Look over the abstracts. If you'd like to read them, I can probably get you a PDF from the online university library. Let me know.

Effect of spiced food on metabolic rate. Human Nutrition - Clinical Nutrition. 1986 Mar;40(2):165-8.

Metabolic effects of spices, teas, and caffeine. Physiology & behavior. 2006 Aug 30;89(1):85-91. Epub 2006 Mar 30.

Bioactive food stimulants of sympathetic activity: effect on 24-h energy expenditure and fat oxidation. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 2005 Jun;59(6):733-41.

Body fat loss achieved by stimulation of thermogenesis by a combination of bioactive food ingredients: a placebo-controlled, double-blind 8-week intervention in obese subjects. International Journal of Obesity. 2007 Jan;31(1):121-30. Epub 2006 Apr 25.

Hope these help.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes