View Single Post

Posted 2008-09-19, 05:44 PM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "It's an idea, you didn't have to rape..."
S2 AM said: [Goto]
Whether a device such as SYGs could exist solely on calibrating signals rather than understanding the basic functions of areas of the brain is yet to be seen. Either way, the SYG units are far from production, but I'm confident that sometime in the far future, such devices will exist(I would guess with a sensor or "brain-jack-matrix-style" rather than a brain being physically removed from the body and put into a computer. If that's still in your lifetime, then you can feel like as ass for raping SYG's idea.

I think you are putting too many eggs in one basket. SYG's idea is beneficial for a number of reasons, including the prospect of replacing our current, imperfect bodies with android shells of various properties and appearances. However, as previously inscribed, I do not think it is the best approach to the particular, hypothetical achievement of the technological singularity.

Furthermore, I do find it probable that the technological singularity will arrive not only in our lifetimes, but actually rather soon: http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread....626#post651626
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser