View Single Post

Question TV Series Recommendations?
Posted 2011-05-13, 05:08 AM
Could've sworn we had a TV section... looks like someone got rid of it.

Anyway, I'm looking for recommendations of TV series to watch. I've moved into the serial space and I'm hungry for more. So far, from both sides of the pond, I've seen (and enjoyed):

[UK] Being Human
[US] Big Bang Theory
[US] Breaking Bad
[US] Dexter
[UK] Doctor Who
[US] Firefly
[US] Fringe
[US] Futurama
[US] Harper's Island
[US] House
[UK] League of Gentlemen
[UK] The Mighty Boosh
[UK] Misfits
[UK] Not Going Out
[UK] The Office
[UK] Outcasts
[CA] Pillars of the Earth
[UK] Psychoville
[UK] Spooks
[UK] Torchwood
[US] The Walking Dead

And I'm currently watching:

[US] Game of Thrones
[US] Heroes

---

What I'm looking for are series that consist not of standalone episodes (such as Big Bang Theory) but rather of episodes that fit in to a story arc - Harper's Island, The Walking Dead, Dexter, House (series 5), Fringe (ish), etc.

Out of my list, Breaking Bad and House are probably the exceptions - Breaking Bad especially so, as I'm not usually a fan of straight dramas.

I have a list of things others have mentioned to me:

[US] 24
[US] Battlestar Galactica (new)
[US] Chuck
[US] Legend of the Seeker
[UK] Life on Mars
[US] Lost
[US] Stargate (all)
[US] True Blood
[US] V (new)
[US] The X-Files

I'm a big fan of the SF shows (Fringe, which I finished a couple of days ago, has claimed a spot as one of my all-time favourite series), though I'm not against other genres or some comic relief.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the list of things I have to watch, or recommendations of other series?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny