Thread: Psp2
View Single Post

Posted 2011-01-13, 04:54 PM in reply to D3V's post "Psp2"
I'm not sure if I should take your first paragraph as PSP2 being the PlayStation phone... which is very doubtful.

The Sony Ericsson Xperia Play is the PlayStation phone: http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2011/01/...lay-in-action/. Codenamed "Zeus", it was leaked a month or so back and, whilst still not having been formally announced, shots of finished products, and videos of it in action, are dotted around the web.

The PSP2, in my opinion, is a completely separate entity to the Xperia Play - Sony is infamous for having departments that don't communicate with each other and Sony Ericsson, as a joint venture from two companies, is most probably even more removed from the other departments than usual.

It has been rumoured for a long time that the PSP2 is coming, and personally I don't think it will be announced soon. It makes more sense for Sony to wait for a major show, when all of the media interested in the industry are guaranteed to be present.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny