View Single Post

Posted 2010-05-06, 05:51 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Fixed a friends laptop on Friday - got..."
Lenny said: [Goto]
Fixed a friends laptop on Friday - got ten Crunchies for it (I love Crunchies! ).

Another laptop tonight - brand new Acer (I advised him against it when he bought it) with a completely dead hard drive. Nothing to be done for it, alas. Well, not with what I've got; I need a hard drive caddy, but I don't have any and he doesn't have an external hard drive I can make use of (plug the 'dead' drive into the caddy, connect that up and use some Voodoo programs I have to recover his data).

Working myself up again to asking That Girl out for coffee. Soon, baby; I just need to have the chance to speak to her, instead of a waved greeting across the Science Site, or a nodded hello in the street.
You just gotta walk over instead of just waving or nodding. Trust me, if you don't get it done soon, the chance will never come.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hayduke is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenHayduke is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hayduke