View Single Post

Posted 2012-11-21, 05:32 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Newegg has posted it's Black Friday..."
WetWired said: [Goto]
Newegg has posted it's Black Friday deals already. http://www.newegg.com/Black-Friday-D...ionStore/ID-42

I always forget about newegg for some reason...thank's for that link. I see that 512GB OCZ SSD in there, which I'm very interested in. Although I wonder how it matches up to some other SSD.

WetWired said: [Goto]
Have the ATI video drivers gotten any better? Ever since I went dual monitor, I've gone Nvidia, because with ATI drivers, applications do strange things.

Although I'm an AMD fanboy, I wouldn't say that they've gotten better. I mean, there's a computer I built a little over 8 months ago with the AMD Radeon HD 6990 and one of the video driver updates caused the system to BSOD. I had to go in and remove it in safe mode to fix it. Pain in the ass.

!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
AMD's hardware certainly sounds better if you only look at the numbers they provide. Unfortunately, when compared to actual performance, Intel does seem to be better based on the limited research I've done.
Sovereign said: [Goto]
Oh definitely intel is better.

You shouldn't jump to conclusions like that, unless you simply meant at the moment. Even to that though, AMD can calculate more single and double float values on it's AMD-FX CPUs than Intel's i7. On the other hand, I should mention, Intel's processor design is better than AMD-FX's, so overall better performance is there almost by default. I believe AMD is going to be changing their design over the next few years. I think it might have something to do with Moore's law coming to an end.

To be honest, with a decent graphics card, any nVidia GTX 6xx or AMD 78xx+, a Intel i7 or AMD-FX CPU, a good SSD, and a at least half-way decent mobo. The realistic speed difference of a computer in a slightly better or lower standing becomes almost indistinguishable from one other.

Edit: You know what I think is even more important than the parts, the amount of electricity i.e. watts, that the system will require. A 1200 watts PSU is on the system with the AMD Radeon HD 6990. It drains a crazy amount of power. So much that it caused a circuit breaker to flip more than once.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List

Last edited by Goodlookinguy; 2012-11-21 at 06:22 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy