Thread: Game of Thrones
View Single Post

Posted 2012-09-08, 03:02 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "And it really is effective. The best..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
The Walking Dead is probably another good example of this, especially the graphic novel. I was actually kind of disappointed that AMC ended up getting The Walking Dead, as it would have been able to stick to the realism of the graphic novels much better on a premium channel like HBO or Showtime. The graphic novels feature rape, torture, maniacs who decapitate children for fun, etc. Certainly things that AMC cannot reproduce.
I don't know. AMC has gone a decent job of the show. The only thing that stuck out to me that they overtly censored was the murder of children; almost reminds me of Bethesda's Fallout 3.

Take AMC's Breaking Bad for instance. It attempts to show the reality of cooking meth and the occurrences associated with such a trade, and the brutalities/gore, even though I'm still in the first season, were not really masked by any scene change or whatsoever.

My original point was, it seems like we're drifting towards the extreme of sexual looseness and immodesty, with the media at the head of the pincer. Premium broadcasting or not, people watch it, and it has some degree of influence in our every day lives.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow