View Single Post

Posted 2008-02-03, 08:20 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "If you're implying that homosexuality..."
There is no citation - the cause of homosexuality has not yet been determined.

I wasn't claiming that was the only cause, as homosexuality is thought to be caused by a number of different things - most commonly a mixture of biological, social, and psychological circumstances.

There is no actual proof for hormone imbalances causing homosexuality. However the traits that homosexuals possess hint at the presence of a dominant sex hormone which - in heterosexual cases - is not prevalent. One might look at a lesbian and notice she is more masculine. Masculinity is caused in part by testosterone. The same may go for gays - they are more effeminate. Ergo, more estrogen.

I'm not making broad generalizations, as each case differs.

We have really only been studying homosexuality for a short time, as it has recently become more common.

My thought on the prevalence of homosexuality in recent times (and possibly metrosexuality) is that pesticide usage is a key factor.

----------------

I love being proven wrong; it's some sort of academic masochism.

Do me in.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas