View Single Post

Posted 2008-06-17, 12:34 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I would be scared too if someone was..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
I would be scared too if someone was proving ideas and theories that directly conflict with the teachings I use to control a very large number of people.
True enough.

I haven't looked deeply into religions other than basic Christianity, however Christians were taught since Genesis that seeking wisdom was a sin (Adam & Eve + Magic Fruit Tree). The Church encouraged ignorance by maintaining that the only thing important in life is to love and fear your God.

Their old habit of making hard-line statements regarding how things work (world is flat, everything rotates around Earth, etc) didn't help matters either. I'm curious how fast they can rewrite doctrine to keep up with the times before enough people just say that they've had enough.

-"Bless the mind too small for doubt"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker