View Single Post

Blizz Job: Lead 3D Enviorment .. > .. Read
Posted 2007-08-03, 08:56 AM
Another damn clue for Diablo 3 has been tossed up on the Blizzard site which I just stumbled onto a few minutes ago. Just read through it and tell me what you think, I know the announcement is coming within a few hours, or maybe tomrrow, but today or tomorrow something will definately be announced...

Lead 3D Environment Artist
Blizzard Entertainment, the developer of Diablo and Diablo II, is looking for a lead 3D environment artist skilled at creating models and texture maps for both architectural and natural environments. The ideal candidate has experience modeling and texturing assets for a diverse visual range of environments. A solid grasp of form, color, and light for both 2D and 3D art assets is essential. The lead environment artist must have experience leading a team and have a skill in another art task as well (illustration, modeling, texturing, animation, or concept drawing) and be well-versed in related tools -- Maya, Photoshop, etc. The ideal candidate works well in an environment of peers who are passionate about making great games.

Blizzard Entertainment offers a fun, creative, and technically rewarding environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.

Requirements

5+ years experience in game development modeling and texturing environments using Maya and Photoshop (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs)
Experience working with an art director in developing a unique and cohesive modeling and texturing style
The ability to effectively collaborate with game designers and programmers
Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating texture maps
An exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling
Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
A passion for games
Skill in one or more of the related creation tasks: illustration, modeling, texturing, animation, or concept drawing
Plusses
Have shipped AAA PC or console titles as a lead 3D environment artist
Strong foundation in the traditional arts, including but not limited to figure drawing and environmental and/or architectural illustration.
Please send demo reel and descriptions as well as a cover letter, resume, and salary history in separate Word format documents to resumes@blizzard.com.
Basic Tips for Resume/Demo Submission
Tips for Game Artists

No calls or follow-up emails, please. This is a full-time position in Irvine, California.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V