View Single Post

Posted 2008-06-29, 12:30 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "At the risk of being an ass, I have to..."
Vollstrecker said: [Goto]
At the risk of being an ass, I have to say, "It's almost like they learned something in the last 10 years".

Things aren't good at all for WoW-hacking, however if Diablo III still stores a lot of stuff clientside, it'll still be a damn sight better than WoW in terms of hacking/etc.
I don't doubt that there will be SOME sort of hacks/cheats, as I don't think those will ever be prevented in any game completely. I just don't think it will be nearly the same as it is in Diablo 2. The Warden makes it pretty certain that, if you do hack/cheat, you'll only be able to do so for a very short time.

Blizzard has clearly learned a lot about hack prevention. Look at WoW, for example. While it isn't hack free, hackers don't stick around for long at all. Even botters get the banstick eventually.

Makes me a bit worried about us focusing on being a D3 hacking community. At the very least, I think we should focus on being something more like diabloii.net is. They have all sorts of general Diablo discussion, strategy forums for every character class, statistics forum for number crunching and such, and a trade forum for item pricing and finding people to trade with. They don't condone or support hacking in any way, and they're doing just fine.

We could essentially do the same thing, and still have a section for hacking. Focusing on hacking alone might be a mistake, though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!