View Single Post

Posted 2009-06-07, 06:52 PM in reply to Wolfturn's post "Help Fixing a Friends Computer?!?!"
Wolfturn said: [Goto]
I'm fixing a friends computer, its a Dell, not completely sure what type. but the tower is sopposed to be on its side instead of standing. model no DCNE. basicly, it doesn't want to get the internet from a direct ethernet cable. I was thinking maybe its the drivers? but i really don't know and could use some help trying to figure this one out. Thanks. Feel free to ask any questions that i should've added in the first place.

Try installing another OS on it, such as Ubuntu, that pretty much houses drivers for everything. Most network adapters don't generally come with a lot of trouble-shooting tools since they're fairly inexpensive.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser