View Single Post

Posted 2009-04-02, 01:37 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Mantra, how does this setup sound, and..."
-Spector- said: [Goto]
Mantra, how does this setup sound, and how much do you think it should cost? (Retail and/or wholesale)

Case: Nzxt Alpha Gaming Tower Case w/420W Power Supply
Case Lighting: Blue Neon Light
Power Supply: 500 watt
Processor: Intel core 2 duo E8500 (2x 3.16 GHz/6MB L2 Cache/1333FSB)
Processor Cooling: AVC Silent Intel CPU Fan and Heatsink
Motherboard: [SLI] MSI P7N SLI-FI Nvidia nForce 750i SLI Chipset w/7.1 sound, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0 Dual PCI-E MB
RAM: 4 GB DDR2-800 PC6400
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9500GT 512MB w/DVI + TV Out Video
Hard Drive: 500 GB
CD-RW/DVD-RW Drive: LG 20X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive
And an onboard sound card/NIC

Do they sound decent? You think anything will conflict?
i can build you a better system i'm sure

CPU
gigabyte makes the best motherboards right now
ram
hard drive
i'm very impressed with msi video cards, always overclocked and stable from the factory
psu

Subtotal: 673 bux $$

mix and match whatever case you like, i recommend a lian li or an antec. case lighting is for assholes but whatever you like. aftermarket cpu cooling is a waste of money unless you're overclocking or are paranoid about noise (you probably are not). check out the recommended heatsinks on silentpcreview.com, i have a scythe ninja. if you need a sound card (i recommend one if you have nice headphones and/or audio equipment) get an HT OMEGA STRIKER.

this system will probably work without issues 95% guaranteed. the weakest link is probably the ram in terms of coming DOA, but it probably won't

Last edited by Mantralord; 2009-04-02 at 01:45 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord