Thread: Life simulator
View Single Post

Posted 2004-07-21, 03:42 AM in reply to Penguin's post "Life simulator"
hmm just did a new game, completely random and I am going to tell about in a sorta narrative and use the games journal. I am not including all events just the ones that are worth noting (Some dates skip due to nothing notable happening that year). I went through this game completely and accepted the outcomes without going back to change the unfavorable ones. I think this is pretty interesting.

------------------------------
Year 0

I was born a boy in a village in Nigeria's Osun State, not far from the city of Oshogbo.

My parents have named me Ayuba. My surname is Abacha. My mother, Falelat, is 20 and my father, Shehu, is 23. I have a brother, Sani, who is 1.

My parents are both farmers and we live in a makeshift home and we are barely getting by. My father makes almost twice as much as my mother at the same job. We dont have safe water, public sanitation or medical care. We speak Yoruba and we are Muslim.

1 year old

My brother Sani has contracted tetanus.

2 years old

I have had malaria.

I have schistosomiasis.

My sister Bola is born.

My brother Sani has died at age 4 from tetanus.

3 years old

I've had measles.

I have been cured of schistosomiasis.

6 years old

My parents have not sent me to school.

7 years old

Growth stunted from inadequate protein.

My sister Bola began school.

14 years old

Parents told me I needed to look for a job.

I began work as a soldier for the army.

15 years old

I had an epileptic seizure.

My sister Bola has schistosomiasis.

16 years old

I am suffering from severe malnutrition.

I have contracted primary syphilis.

I have chosen to stay in the military as a soldier because I have nothing else to do and its the only way to help support my family.

17 years old

I have been cured of syphilis.

18 years old

Met a new girl I like very much, named Chima Buhari. She is a farmer

We've begun seeing each other.

19 years old

I left the military. Chima has convinced me to become a farmer like her.

Began work as a subsistence farmer.

I have taken an interest in music and sports lately. Chima has given me a new hope on life.

20 years old

I proposed to Chima today. She was shocked and took it badly. She said we should not see eachother anymore. I am crushed.

21 years old

I moved away from home. I just couldent take being around anyone.

28 years old

I met a really nice woman today while working named Effiwat Kano. We've begun seeing each other.

My girlfriend Effiwat has died from dehydration. Great..... How could this have happend?

30 years old

Decided not to give money to charity. Why should I ?

34 years old

Invested money blindly in a risky deal.

Lost money on a risky deal.

38 years old

My father has had malaria.

My sister Bola has died at age 37 from lymphoma.

44 years old

My father died from an infection.

My sister's boyfriend Efan died from an infection.

All this death around me. I fear getting an infection myself.

46 years old

My mother has gone blind from glaucoma.

48 years old

My mother has died at age 69 from a stroke.

Inherited money from my parents. I am finally eating well. There is no use saving this money.

52 years old

I have come down with a sudden infection. I fear the worst.

I died from an infection.

------------------------------

Hmm... So the guy died alone, the last one from his family as a farmer with a poor excuse for a home. His parents forced him not to goto school, probably dooming him to the life he led and of course the guy had his share of bad luck. He was pretty much a hermit for the last half of his life. The scenario above seems pretty realistic in itself and I am still surprised at running some of these scenarios.

Last edited by Penguin; 2004-07-21 at 03:51 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPenguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Penguin