View Single Post

Posted 2010-12-16, 01:25 AM in reply to Knight Sir Rick's post starting "Not enough math in this "math" thread...."
knight sir Rick said: [Goto]
Not enough math in this "math" thread. Anyway, I found you a closed-form function for your problem:

where is the discrete Heaviside step function defined as

While I understand what you wrote. Converting it to code it seems like it would take longer to compute than WW's answer. Considering for each sigma, there's a for loop that must be run. As well as calls to the function H.

For a completely math based, non-linear, answer though, very impressive. You compressed it into two functions worth. Still much better than my original way of doing it.

------------
Also, what I meant by the "[Math...]" and "...mathematically..." was just because it isn't just some regular programming stuff. It requires a bit of math knowledge to try and make something that works.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy