View Single Post

Posted 2009-05-20, 09:11 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "Would it matter if we were in 'control'..."
Sum Yung Guy said: [Goto]
I personally believe that every possible scenario in our universe in played out in a branching many worlds quantum state and therefor we don't control our actions. It just has to happen.
I agree but I also disagree. I agree about your theory that the universe plays out in many ways. My theory right now regarding fate is that it exists, but only due to technicality. My theory is that every time a decision is made, a branch is formed and you take whichever path your decision takes you on. In an alternate reality, you made a different decision and took a different path. So basically, what this ends up meaning is that every possible outcome is already determined.

So basically, fate DOES exist, but it doesn't necessarily imply lack of free will. What CAN happen to you is already determined, and based on your decisions, what WILL happen is revealed.

That's my theory anyway.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!