View Single Post

Posted 2008-04-06, 02:06 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "If you just want to learn kanji, the..."
Yeah, that could work, but, my method requires using your mind, and everybody will end up with different results. My method is also for the new day learners. (Hence, somebody such as myself on a computer)

I doubt that game will teach you to type Kanji on a keyboard. Also, I pointed out Anime Lab because they have a the 常用 grades 1 - 7. Jouyou meaning Common Japanese used Kanji.

Anyways, whichever method you decide to follow, hopefully it is a good way to learn Kanji. My feelings are to learn what the kanji is in romaji before learning the meaning, reason, 今, you would have to learn, ima, now, and 今 all at once. That is the number one reason so many people can't learn Japanese very well, they are taking in three things at once. That is too much for a normal brain capacity to take in. So I say just learn the character, and the romaji, then try to use translators to translate it that way you look at it a lot. It is all about repetitiveness, kanji for an English speaker is only good if the person learning, can repetitively, see the character.

Well, those are my thoughts, and they are as close as you are gonna get. I am just warning you, learn ROMAJI before English Definition.

I am turning this into a series on my website by the way people!

It is going to be called

Japanese for Humans! series.

I'm going to have katakana, hiragana, and a nice kanji chart. Oy, it is going to take me a while to finish, but I see it as contributing.

Hiring! Anyone who has no life, and is free. Hey, I just hired myself!

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List

Last edited by Goodlookinguy; 2008-04-06 at 02:18 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy